Saturday, May 06, 2006

A Long Way Down


This is the newest Hornby I think. It was not as good as About a Boy or High Fidelity, but it was much better than How to be Good which was terrible. This one was about four REALLY different people who end up spending a lot of time together. I was going to say they end up being friends but that's not quite right. They have a very strange relationship. The only thing they have in common is that they all tried to commit suicide on the same night (New Year's Eve). The best thing about this book is the way Hornby kept making fun of me as the reader because he knew that I wanted a happy ending where everything wraps up nicely. I would quote something along those lines except that Jeremy just took the stack of library books back to the library, so you will just have to read it to know what I mean.

No comments: