Monday, February 25, 2008

New Grisham Book


I eagerly awaited the latest Grisham book and now it is here, and I have read it. Unfortunately, it is not my favorite John Grisham. I liked "Playing For Pizza" better I think.
For me the problem with this book is that he is busy making important political statements about our judicial system and not just spinning a good legal thriller. I imagine many people will enjoy this book, however I read for fun and it was just too real. "The Testament" still remains my all time favorite of his books. I refuse to read his nonfiction works (The Innocent Man and A Time to Kill) but have read and enjoyed all of his other books. If you like legal thrillers and don't mind real stuff you'll probably like this book. If you like to read mindlessly like me for pure pleasure, then maybe not.

No comments: