Sunday, July 23, 2006

Fire and Ice


Ok, so the title is a little bit terrible. But the book was a fast enjoyable read. I got tired of the Kate Shugak character several years ago, but when I saw that there was another series with a different hero I decided to try it. I just got tired of Kate because her character never evolved and nothing ever changed as far as the big timeline. This could happen with the new character, Liam, but I've only read one book so...so far so good. I really enjoy all the Alaska stuff. This book has a very detailed description of fishing for herring and it is really interesting. Fishing is a good career background for characters in a murder mystery. Very tough and competitive. The most appealing part of the story is the characters Dana Stabenow develops for this tiny Alaskan town. She drew me in with the people so I will probably be looking for the second in the series when I go back to the library.

No comments: