Monday, June 18, 2007

the death of a library card

I canceled my library card today and it was more painful than I expected. Not only did I cancel my card, but I also returned the book I had been holding on to (way past the due date) because I still thougth I could finish it. I paid my fine and withdrew my request for a book (Savage Detectives). I had forgotten about the hold on the Savage Detectives, so that was a sad surprise.

AND THEN, the librarian proceeded to cut my library card into tiny little pieces with a pair of scissors, right in front of me! It was awful.

No time for reading. We'll see how many books I can find in English after the move.

2 comments:

Beth said...

You better get involved with bookmooch.com. Some people will ship to other countries.

Cali said...

Wow. What a vehement ceremony. They must not like patrons that leave.