Monday, October 01, 2007

Briga-DOOM

Ok, for all your chick-lit, murder mystery fans, here's a laugh: Briga-DOOM by Susan Goodwill. It was all fun and adventure. Here's a teaser:

Chapter One

"You look ridiculous, Kate," my aunt Kitty said.

This coming from a seventy-four-year-old in a black-feathered turban, yellow dance leotard, blue high-tops, and a red plaid mini-skirt.

I sighed and closed the door behind her. I felt ridiculous. Golf clothing was new to me, pink was not my color, and the socks, with their little pom-poms bouncing around my ankles, made me feel like the rear window of a Chevy low-rider.

Kitty and I stood in the lobby of the London family's dubious legacy, the Egyptian Theatre. She handed me a Styrofoam coffee cup.

"The outfit's for Ronnie's golf outing," I said. "He picked it out."

"Well, darling, you can always divorce him," she said, maneuvering her way across the loose floor tiles behind me. "They'll get easier now that you've gone through one. By your third or fourth, you'll slide through like a hot knife through butter."


That's the first page although my favorite parts are actually about dumpster diving and a naked bandit who mugs old ladies. It's fun and fast.

No comments: