Friday, August 11, 2006

Catching Up

I have not been reading enough lately and have vowed to give my library card a good workout this fall. To start, I checked out Mr. Vertigo, Lamb (By Christopher Moore), Book Lust and Oaxaca Journal.
Mr. Vertigo was a wild read. I found it very entertaining - it is definitely one of the most creative books I've read lately. I loved how the kid talks in this street-wise "Hey, Mista, what's the big idea?" kind of way. I really, really liked Lamb! It was a cool spin on the old, old story, and Moore has a great sense of humor. I checked out Oaxaca Journal b/c Della said she read it on vacation, and I really like other Oliver Sacks books, like The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat, and Awakenings. I will read that next.
And as for Book Lust, well, frankly Cali, if you checked out that book you would have no need for this blog!!! I have about 4 pages of a notebook filled with a 'to-read' list from it. Better get going... ;-)

2 comments:

deeb said...

I'm really glad you liked Mr. Vertigo! I'm thinking of checking out his trilogy about New York. I've been hearing a lot about it.

I lent Juli the Oliver Sacks book and she read it on the plane back to New York. She really liked it.

Cali said...

Actually, I own Book Lust because I renewed it as much as I could until eventually someone else wanted to check it out! I knew I had to own it. It was throught that book that I found "The Mouse that Roared" and "Straight Man" which are 2 of the funniest books ever.