Friday, March 03, 2006

Recent Reads/Listens

Well I finished the Hitchhiker as read by Stephen Fry in 2 nights. It was addictive. He does some excellent alien voices, I wonder if they can get him to read the rest of the series.

I also finished the Mangoes book. Also very good and I had to go buy some fish this week - still no leftover papaya...

I also checked out "More Book Lust." Cali, if you haven't read "Book Lust" you should go to the lib and get it. It's an annotated bibliography of books to read and it's written by a former public librarian. I found "More Book Lust" in an odd part of the library - I think people may pull it from the shelf and flip through it, go find something else and leave the it behind.

Next it's on to "The Flame Trees of Thika: Memories of an African Childhood" by Elspeth Huxley. I'll let you know how it goes.

Have a great weekend!

d

1 comment:

Cali said...

Yeah, I own Book Lust. I had used up all my renewals and decided it was a keeper. Found it when working at the Library. That job was awesome for finding reading material because I got eyeball what everyone else was reading.