Sunday, September 09, 2007

Quite a Year for Plums

I just borrowed Quite a Year for Plums by Bailey White from Aunt Nancy. I have been sick so I think I may have missed some large sections. The reason I think I may have slept through part is that the last scene has a character named Lucy in it and I don't remember a Lucy being in this book. Ah well. I really enjoyed the parts I didn't sleep through, especially the 2 crazy old ladies Meade and Hilma. They really appreciated the out doors.

I also read recently 13 Moons. It is FANTASTIC. Go read it immediately. I wish I had not returned it to the library so promptly because nothing short of an excerpt can do it justice. Here is a video of Charles Frazier talking about this book and other things. You can click on "open tools" to skip to the topic you would like to hear.



No comments: