Thursday, February 23, 2006

Driving Over Lemons


OK, this is my first go at putting up a picture.

This book is great. Chris Stewart moves from southern England to Andalusia with his wife and together they run a farm in southern Spain. A couple of reasons I like this book are that he and his wife speak Spanish and he lived/worked on farms before. So, they are a bit less idealistic than some of the other travel writers. They are also genuinely interested in their neighbors.

I own this one and since mom and I discussed it recently, I pulled it off the shelf and read it again.

Apparently, there is a sequel, which I haven't read, and I'm planning to get it from the library soon.

d

2 comments:

Cali said...

Why is there one called an optimist in Spain and one called an optimist in Andalusia? They appear to be the same book. The sequel is called Parrot in the Pepper Tree. I just did an amazon search because I looked at my library last night at it wasn't available.

deeb said...

Maybe people didn't know that Andalucia was in Spain and they had to change the sub-title. I don't know. I just looked at my public library and they have Driving over Lemons, but not the Parrot one. Maybe the library at the U has is.