Friday, February 17, 2006

A quick list...

Here is a quick list of some of my recent favs:

Persepolis - a grafic novel (I gave it to BJ for xmas) of the author's childhood in Iran, this is REALLY GOOD and a fast read (of course it's mostly pictures)

Catfish & Mandala - non-fiction, written by a Vietnamese-American guy who bicycles through Vietnam

Almost French - also non-fiction, the story of an Australian woman who moves to Paris to live with her boyfriend, it was maybe the best 'outsider living in France' book I've read

Any of the Jasper Fforde books - did you read these? You should get The Eyre Affair first. But I think Amanda didn't like them. I read them all.

Enjoy!

d

2 comments:

nb said...

And if you want a good book about Italy, I like "Extra Virgin", mainly because of the brit humor. I had it somewhere, but it may have gone west...or if you want Spain, della and I both liked "Driving Over Lemons"--another silly brit, is this a trend or what?

Cali said...

There are more than one "Driving over Lemons" listed on Amazon. They all look good. One is a sequel I think?