Thursday, February 23, 2006

Love Monkey


Jeremy got this for me last night. Did anyone else see the TV show that was based on this book? I loved it so of course it got cancelled after just a few episodes. It was all about this A&R rep for a music label who was going to turn around pop music single handedly and make quality music take over the charts. Ok, so maybe it failed for more reasons than just me loving it, but it was great! Anyway, at first I was pretty disappointed that he is no longer an A&R rep but a tabloid reporter. However, the writing isn't bad. It is kinda a mix between Nick Hornby and every chick lit book I've ever read. Except it's in America and it's main character is a boy. Part of the opening description:
"I have a one-bedroom apartment, a refrigerator containing (solely) beverages and condiments, a Manhattan-sized mini-microwave deployed only for popping corn, a supply of Cheez-It crumbs that I store under my sofa cushions, stacks of dusty black stereo equipment, and an increasingly avalanchalbe Matterhorn of Cds."
I'll let you know if it bombs.

1 comment:

Cali said...

So, I decided I don't really like being inside the mind of a sterotype of a male. A wee bit frustrating. These behaviors are terrible from the female perspective and no better when you see it "behind the eyes".